I overheard a conversation the other day in the grocery store where a couple of people were talking about how they needed to start to exercise. One of the women said something like, “every Pilates picture I’ve seen makes it look really hard.” Her friend responded that she thought Pilates was too hard for her too!.
If you’ve done Pilates, you know that there is not necessarily anything easy about Pilates. Pilates requires you to be completely present in the moment, focusing on your breath, your movements, your alignment, your core engagement and I personally feel like it is never “easy”.
As much as I love to move and exercise my body I kind of think it’s always “hard” to regularly exercise.
- It’s hard to make myself add it in (even when I don’t feel like it),
- It’s hard to stay focused on what I’m doing in the moment and
- It’s hard to not want to quit when my muscles get tired and feel like they are working!
I guess it seems logical that when anybody is contemplating doing something new, that we might use the excuse “it’s going to be hard” as a way to justify not doing it. I kind of see it as our mind’s way of tricking us into not being vulnerable enough to try something new…even though that something new might have immense benefits in our life!
If you are one of those people who is not trying Pilates because you think it’s too hard, maybe it’s time to change the story you are telling yourself. Try telling yourself that learning a new movement practice is a challenge for everyone, but the challenge is what in the long run is going to help you get results in your body. Starting a new movement practice is never easy which is why we always do our best to create an environment that you can succeed in and actually enjoy.
Here’s just a few of the things we do that make us different from other studios:
- I get to know you before your first class. I do this so I can make you as comfortable and at ease as possible for your first class! This helps me create the best possible movement experience for you. As a client, it’s kind of like already having a friend on your first day of school.
- Each exercise will be taught in a way that is doable in your body! There will always be lots of options on how to do an exercise and you’ll feel completely comfortable choosing the version that feels best in your body
- There are no unreasonable expectations. You don’t have to worry about being the only one in class not able to twist like a pretzel or stand on your head….. our classes focus on functional movements that don’t require you to already be super flexible or know how to do some acrobatic move!
- I won’t single you out and over correct everything you do.
- Exercises will always be safe for your body. Safety is always on the top of my instructors mind and you will be coached on how to do exercises as safely and as effectively as possible in your body!
- The class atmosphere will be positive and inspiring! We have a great community here at Precision Pilates, and we create a great environment to work out in! You’ll walk out of classes not only with a great workout, but feeling good about what you did and enjoying your movement time!
Ready to try out a new movement practice like Pilates? We would love to get to know you and introduce you to a mindful movement practice!
Join us on the Mat with our introductory sessions 6 classes in 2 weeks for $199