This avocado lime sauce is a fantastic go-with-anything sauce that can really pull a meal together. It’s delicious over fish, tacos, chili – anything you want to add a Mexican flair to. And you can easily turn it into a salad dressing by adding just a little light coconut milk to it.
Adjust the seasonings to your palate. A little cumin or chili powder can be a great addition!
Avocado Lime Sauce
- 2 avocados, peeled and cubed
- ½ onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until combined.
Store your beautiful avocado lime sauce in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Or gift it to a friend, new neighbor, or someone you want to do something extra special for.
- Avocados have more potassium in them than a banana!
- Avocados are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which help absorb harmful light waves.
- People that eat foods rich in lutein and zeaxanthin are less likely to have age-related macular degeneration.
- Did you know that the monounsaturated fats in avocados can help to trim your waistline?!
- A lime a day can keep the doctor away? Huh? Well, that’s not how the saying originally went, but limes are great for helping to reduce inflammation.
- Limes are also excellent at fighting infection, lowering blood sugar, and improving digestion.
We think this avocado lime sauce is a winner all the way around. Do you have a secret sauce that is super versatile that you use in a lot of dishes? Drop us a line to share!